Thursday, March 20, 2008

Invisible children

Tonight at a beta club movie night we showed the film Invisible Children the rough cut to get the rest of the club and the parents fired up about our project of building a school in Africa, and it pretty much broke my heart. I wanted to cry so hard, but most importantly I wanted to do something to change it. You see my faith was kind of starting to reach a point of stagnancy, and I was trying to find something to blow that door open again. You see I didn't believe any less than before, I had my little candle of faith, but I wanted a bonfire instead. What I mean is I wanted to always continue to grow in my faith everyday of my life. I started becoming commited to reading my bible everyday, and I spent a lot of time praying about it. Slowly but surely I felt God at work in my life for this. I had some awesome youth group experiences that blew those doors open, and then I saw this video, and I have never felt more sure of my faith or passion to mske a difference. I thought if these children, who everyday endure pain, that I on my worst day will NEVER experience, can still get up at the crack of dawn and pray, I can most certainly live out my faith and grow stronger in it. I CAN make a difference with my God. I urge you to see it . Borrow it or buy it at www. invisiblechildren.com. Tell everyone you know about it. I know that I will, I will also throw myself into helping those children through my beta club and others, I will praise the lord everyday for what I have been given and don't deserve. I will be a follower of Christ.

No comments: