Saturday, February 16, 2008

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

This is my favorite bible verse because it speaks deeply to me. We live in a time where we "Live" off so many things. I know that I live of music, noise , books, and so many wordly things. It so easy to justify bieng addicted to or "living" on these things . IE: It helps me concentrate, i'm tired, I like it, whatever you want to insert here. This verse puts everything into perspective for me. All we need is God. Whenever I come across this verse it reminds me that I need to take a step back and focus on God. So often I find that i'll turn on something just for the noise or watch something I don't like just for something to do. Could I not just spend some time in God's word or just talk to him. I say this beacause the times when I can hear God clearly, when I can feel him deeply are when all is quiet and I am listening, yet so often I don't let myself listen I turn up the music instead. This verse reminds me to listen, reawakens me to the fact that some of the things I'm placing importance on don't matter. All we need and all we have ever needed is God.
Have you, like me ever found yourself focusing on something other than God,like homework video games, facebook, ect, instead of just listening. If so how did you realign yourself, what steps did you take?

No comments: